+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Size of Content?

Size of Content?

So, how many words are you all going for these days in articles? I'm shooting for 500 words and a keyword density of 1.5 to 2 percent. Sound good or are others finding better results?

I have blogs, so I mix it up. I will have longer ones if it is an informative article, but shorter [250 words} if breaking news or something like that. I don't look at keyword density anymore. I just try to write naturally and include the keyword here and there.

Generally speaking, those aren't bad rules of thumb. For my authority sites, I try to shoot for closer to 1000 words per article these days, though.

1,000? Damn, that is some serious content. You might even be adding something pertinent to your sites!

Perish the thought! Actually, that's what I'm trying to do, since G is going more and more for the authority/content stuff these days.

Trend is definitely towards one bigger site. Thinking about closing some of my smaller ones so I'll have time to focus on the biggies.

I've been thinking about leaving some smaller ones up, but then rewriting and combining the content into a big site as well - for example, if I had sites on red widgets, blue widgets, green widgets and black widgets, rewriting the articles and putting them on my new mega site, Widget World.

Would you take down the old ones because of duplicate content issues?

No, that's why I say I'd rewrite the content before using it on a megasite. Can't be too careful.

I should be 300 words minimum.....

+ Reply to Thread