+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting Site Indexed in search engines

Getting Site Indexed in search engines

It kills me when I see sites offering to get you indexed in the search engines for a fee. Don't pay! You don't need to! Just build links to your site and you'll be included.

If you are hell bent on getting indexed, then go to the following and submit your site:

google.com/addurl.html
    bing.com/webmaster/submitsitepage.aspx

Bing runs Yahoo now, so no need to submit to it.

To add to this, there have always been theories (don't know of anyone who's definitively proven them, but I believe them) that the SE's value a site more, if it's "discovered" by crawling, instead of submitted directly. They deny there's a difference, but it sure makes sense to me since their whole mantra is that sites linking to you are votes for your importance.

Had never thought of that side of it. Interesting.

One thing I often do - I know which of my sites are visited on a regular basis by Googlebot - so I have a couple of spots on them I use for links to my *new* sites. That way, I can link to a brand new site and be sure that Google will follow the link to spider it.

They refuse there's a distinction, but it sure seems sensible to me since their whole concept is that websites connecting to you are ballots for your significance.

+ Reply to Thread