+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How Many Keywords Are Ideal For A Page?

How Many Keywords Are Ideal For A Page?

How many keywords do others try to put on a single page. I've heard and read everything from focusing on one to going with three or four. Anyone feel strongly one way or another? Had any luck with different approaches?

I shoot for one major keyword per page, and then two secondary or long-tail keywords as well. I've never seen a definitely "right" answer for this one, though.

If it is three or more words, I go for one. If it is two words or less, I'll throw a couple in. I swear that Google doesn't even seem to read the damn things anymore and Yahoo puts its own titles up!

They certainly read them when you don't want to - if I throw up a page and haven't optimized it yet - they end up crawling it and picking up the wrong text, and it takes me months to get it out of their cache. Grrr.

Again I agree with Mark haha. Yes focus on one with 2 long tail keywords. In some case my sites rank fast with that.

It is fine to target a web page for a particular keyword, however make sure that you are not using the same keyword more than 3-4 times. Preferably, you can use keyword variations that can be perfectly synchronized with the flow of the content. The natural structure if the content should not be destroyed.

+ Reply to Thread